Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Facing the Giants





1 Samuel 17:4-38 (New International Version)
4 A champion named Goliath who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. He was over nine feet [a] tall. 5 He had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels [b] ; 6 on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze javelin was slung on his back. 7 His spear shaft was like a weaver's rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels. [c] His shield bearer went ahead of him.
It’s funny that even now in our lives we come face to face with GIANTS. For some of us this occurs on a daily basis. How we stand up to these giants is key!



Ask yourself how exactly do I face the GIANTS in my life……..
Sometimes things in life can simply just tower us, beat us down, and bully our spirit Just as the Giant did in the passage.



Example: When situations arise in life that bully the faith that we have and make us second guess the promises of God. Situations look way bigger than they are.
When I searched the word Giants I found a few different definitions for Giant but the one that stood out the most for me was ... a giant is a mythical figure of superhuman size and strength…..When we break down the word mythical we get the word MYTH which is fiction, fantasy, or tall-tale. Which means when we come face to face with giants in our life they should be merely mythical as well. My father in the faith has thought us that “Truth will change Fact” meaning: Yes: my bills don’t look like they will be met this month and my faith is being challenge, but I will not let the fact that I see my account compared to my bills lead me to believe there is no way out & waver my faith. I will not let this giant in my life bully me. Because I have access to THE way out and to him what I see has nothing to do with the power he can perform on my behalf, as long as I trust in him and keep my faith in him. He has the power to make what is wrong right and what we are facing crumble before our feet.
Back to passage…..

8 Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, "Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and have him come down to me. 9 If he is able to fight and kill me, we will become your subjects; but if I overcome him and kill him, you will become our subjects and serve us." 10 Then the Philistine said, "This day I defy the ranks of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other." 11 On hearing the Philistine's words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified.
When the enemy calls you to the frontline what will you do? Do you stand your ground or about face & flee? “FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH” All fights we face are not & defiantly don’t have to be carried out in the physical. On a Christian level it is a Spiritual fight we face. ARE you prepared?



“ Often times we have watched a fight from the side line, explaining how & what we would do if that had been us, but when get in a fight of our own we get weak, tired, weary ,fearful and full of doubt. Do not be moved by the size of your enemy. Do not let him catch you off guard and if happens to and sweeps you off your feet, get back up dust yourself off and go back at it with him. Remember the word MYTH and the GIANTS? Yeah most problems are just all talk and if we feed in to it then we are already defeated before a punch is even thrown.
We have to be powerful Christians not Powerless Christians:
Even though the Word of God says that: "God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power..." [2Tm:1:7] - Most Christians are ignorant of this - and of those that do recognize the truth of this - most haven't any idea HOW to access or use the power.


Consequently the are unable to gain the victory over debt - disease - depression - divorce - addictions - lack - pain - oppression - sickness or any of the other devices that the devil throws their way. AKA GIANTS
Keys to Facing the Giants-
1. Can’t be Fearful but be Fearless…… afraid often suggests weakness or cowardice and regularly implies inhibition of action or utterance
No matter what the situation looks like, the pain it has bought or is trying to bring, the strife or grieve you are feeling, u have to stand fearless and look it in the eye declaring 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind”
Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version)
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 56:11 (New International Version)
11 in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?



So don’t be fearful be brave
1. Speak up-I was studying bullies and how to deal with them. And in some cases if not most you can get a bully to back down by simply speaking up. Standing up for yourself letting him or her know that you are not going to take it anymore. For us Christian we have to speak life over our situations. When we are mad at someone or somebody and they push the right buttons we can get real loud and out of line, but when ol Satan comes with his tricks and games we get quiet. We forget the power and might we walk in and what God we serve and who is on our side. Sometimes we sit and won’t say a thing while he terrorizes our life. It’s like he holds us hostage while he goes and digs thru our property,,,,,[2Cor:2:14] Now thanks be unto God, which ALWAYS causes us to triumph in Christ..." like the song says,,,sometimes all we have to do is simply SAY the Name, ’JESUS’, we have to stop letting the enemy hold us hostage, we have the power…..



2. Have faith in a faithful God
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
Matthew 17:20 (New International Version)
20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you
With that being said, if we can move the mountian, why cant we move depression, lack, bitterness, stirife or any other GIANT out the way!!!
Romans 1:17 (New International Version)
17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[a] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith.
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance ------ steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.




3. Last but not least, in order to take down a giant we have to brandish our weapons,,,we Christians have a right to bear arms but yet we conceal our weapons like its illegal,,,
We walk around with the word hidden. We only pray in private or at night before bed. We sing and Praise on Saturday at practice, Sunday at church or in the shower. But, when we get sneak attacked we wonder how it happened.
I don’t know about anyone here but I would not dare run up on anyone with a cocked and loaded weapon that was visible ….now if I don’t know u are packing then it might be a different story. But because we hide our power and the power that we walk in, it makes it very difficult to use it once the enemy has attacked.
Think about it, if I have been watching you & planning my attack, as the enemy does all the time, and I see u haven’t pulled your weapon out to clean it make sure it’s working right or even pop off a few shots and I know u keep it in your night stand or cd player in the car or maybe you stash your weapon at the church house and can only get to it on Sundays, when I attack how easy would it be for you to get to it????????



But if we stay suited in the armour all the time then the enemy will never have a chance to catch us off guard. That doesn’t mean he won’t attack because he still will try to penetrate our armour somehow but it won’t be as easy. We have to walk around like the people in the army. Lol, I use to get mad and say man they don’t have to wear that dang suit everywhere they just showing off,,,,,,but even so, with that showing off I know they have been thru some form of training and have some type of combat skill so really they just letting u know don’t mess with them. Sorta like saying Hey this is who I roll with and what I represent, lol.


Ephesians 6:11-13 (New International Version)
11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.


Luke 10:19 (New International Version)
19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you



No comments:

Post a Comment